Now on to all the reception fun! Like I mentioned earlier, Jesse and I really wanted a laid back and fun atmosphere for the day. We literally took a completely empty field and turned it into the most beautiful setting for the reception. A few things that I insisted on were: string lights, simple table decor, fruit + soda crates and sparklers for our exit. There was really only one thing that Jesse insisted on and that was the grass dance floor. At first I completely disagreed, but soon realized I should just trust him. And, so glad I did! People loved it.
Our food was also a huge hit. Jesse and I knew right away that we wanted Mazzi to cater with his pizza oven. It was the perfect fit for us (we LOVE pizza) and complemented the casual atmosphere perfectly. Not to mention Mazzi was a total blast to work with. Every time we met with him pre-wedding to discuss details I was beaming for hours.
In addition to the pizza, we served appetizers prepared by our mothers. Caprese skewers, veggie cups, fresh fruit, cheese and crackers. We really couldn't have done it all without them.
We decided early on not to do a formal cake cutting, so cupcakes were an easy choice for us. The Sassy Cupcake is a local cupcake shop run by the sweetest woman, Melissa. She, too, was incredible to work with! I really do think we had the very best vendors.
People always tell you that you're going to be too busy to eat at our reception and I definitely did not believe them. We had amazing food! Why would I want to pass that up? But, alas, Jesse and I were buzzing all over the place greeting as many guests as we could. I think I had just one bite of pizza and maybe a cupcake all night!
We ended the night with toasts, dancing and the perfect sparkler send off! This was an incredible day shared with the most amazing friends and family a couple could ask for.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















3 comments:
Gosh that looks like such an amazing time!! I looooove that you exited to sparklers!!
gorgeous photos! you look so happy!
love the pictures and you are super lovely!
Post a Comment