Friday, September 9, 2011

Our Wedding: Part 2

When you don't attend a church it can be somewhat difficult to find someone to officiate your wedding. Afterall, it is your wedding. An extremely special day and Jesse and I didn't want to just ask a random pastor to do the ceremony for us. We wanted it to feel intimate and personal and decided that Jesse's dad, Mike, would be perfect. I still remember when we asked him. Jesse didn't beat around the bush and just asked him outright. Mike was so sweet about it and was almost speechless.

It couldn't have turned out better. Mike talked for just a few minutes and then we said our vows. I insisted that Jesse and I write our own vows and I'm so glad we did. They were personal and unique to us, which is how I think they should be. And, even though we had rehearsed our vows, saying them to one another on our wedding day was absolutely amazing. 



















I can't believe I forgot to mention this earlier, but our wedding photographer was Dmitri of Monovita. If you hadn't noticed, he's amazing! :)

4 comments:

Miss Nae said...

He is! And I'm teary all over again...you really need to frame your vows. No joke!

Anonymous said...

You look stunning!

Kendra said...

Thank you ladies! :)

rytobler said...

What a beautiful post! I agree Jeane. Frame 'em. They were sweet as the two of you.