Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Craving Lavender Lemonade


Even though it's raining today and there is no sign of the sun, all I want to do is sit outside and sip some lavender lemonade. Doesn't it look tasty? Here's the recipe:

3 cups granulated sugar
3 cups water
1/4 cup dried lavender
4 cups fresh lemon juice (from 16 to 20 lemons)
Ice, for serving
Lemon slices and fresh lavender sprigs, for garnish

Bring sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Stir in lavender. Remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain, discarding lavender. Let cool. Stir in lemon juice. (Lemonade can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.) Serve over ice, and garnish with lemon slices and fresh lavender sprigs. Makes 12 servings.

(recipe and image via Martha Stewart)

3 comments:

Amanda* said...

This look delicious! I'm kind of thirsty now... :)

wishful nals said...

yum! two of my favorite things :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohhh yummmy....I need this one...Its so hot here today:)
Kisses sweetie