Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lesson in Podcasting


This term in my Advanced PR Writing class we have been learning a lot about social media tools. Blogs and podcasts for the most part, but we have also covered social networking sites.  It's exciting and a little scary at the same time.  Technology is constantly changing and it takes a lot of work to keep up!

This week we had a video conference with Paull Young.  Paull works for Converseon, a social media communications agency and is also involved with Forward, the online springboard for new and upcoming PR professionals.  As the Director of Forward Podcasts, Paull shared with us some great tips for producing a successful podcast. 

  • Plan and outline
  • Do your research
  • Don't read from a script, use a conversational voice
  • Make sure your personality comes through
  • Listen to the podcast to see what it sounds like and fix any issues before publishing

This is just a little bit of what Paull discussed with us, but very helpful as I work on my first podcast so I thought I would share!

No comments: