Lately, I've been trying really hard to focus on only the positive and not let the negative get me down. This includes not venting to husband every night, which is hard for me not to do! Anyway, I'm trying really hard and here are a few of the things that have helped me stay positive:
- Clean and reorganize my space at work. I don't have a private office, but I have about the equivalent of 2 desks. I removed all the clutter, put up some pictures and brought a vase of magenta peonies to brighten the mood. It worked!
- Waking up early enough in the morning to enjoy a cup of coffee and watch the news or catch up on all you lovely bloggers. When I have time to enjoy my morning at home and not be rushed, my whole day is off to a better start.
- Listen to music. I've started listening to music more at work and at home. At work it helps me focus on my tasks and not get distracted by all the noise around me. At home I'm able to unwind and relax much more when there are some good tunes playing in the background.
And, speaking of good music here's a great song I've recently discovered by the lovely Ellie Goulding. Enjoy!

5 comments:
great tip on calming down. I need them today!
You asked for comments on my favorite topic! Keeping it positive. I could go on all day, but at the minimum I remind myself on tough days: I am healthy, well, and loved, nothing else really matters. You are too. Have a great weekend.
Thank you for the reminder, Renee! This is so true and the most important thing to remember.
wonderful song !
love this song...
So yes... I've been working on exactly the same thing myself...
What I've had to learn to do in the last year, is... intentional relaxation... Its easy to not do anything sometimes, or sleep in extra, but if its not intentional our minds will still tend to over flood... well mine will anyhow :) so I've been learning what that is for me.
I light candles, put music on, have a glass of red, and well sit and just focus on breathing and relaxing my muscles from my neck down to my toes. I also have a specific journal process I go through that helps, if you want to know about it I can email it to you! I've already written tooooo long for a comment :)
Post a Comment