The four players at the exhibition were Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka. After they were all announced, I noticed everyone yelling and standing up to see someone. At first I thought it was Serena Williams since she was originally scheduled to be there. Instead it was John McEnroe a tennis champ from the late seventies, early eighties! How cool?!
There was a women's match, mixed doubles and a men's match. The cool thing about it being an exhibition was all the interaction between the athletes and the crowd. They genuinely appeared to be enjoying themselves and were so fun to watch. During the mixed match the athletes wore mics so we could hear them better, while John McEnroe was the umpire and Joey Harrington and Dennis Dixon were line judges. They gave us a great show and at the end of the night we even got to see Uncle Phil. What a great night!
Here are a couple photos I snapped with my phone. You can view more photos here.


1 comment:
That is so awesome! Did you get a water bottle? hahahahahahahaha
Post a Comment