
It's nearly the end of winter term 2008. This means: 1. I have one term left of college. 2. Finals, projects and papers are consuming my life. 3. I should have some sort of plan post-graduation. Unfortunately, points one and two are all that I can think about right now. Other than the occasional search on Craigslist, my job search is going nowhere. People are always asking me what I want to do after graduation....there are lots of things that I want to do. But, what I want to do and what I need to do are two completely different things.
In a perfect world, I would spend the summer traveling Europe with a friend, or two. I would return to the States in the fall and begin working at a record label, doing some form of promotions.
Reality is really more like this: After graduation I will stay in Eugene so I can be close to my friends and family. Meanwhile continuing in my search for the perfect job in the perfect place. I know life, jobs/work and everything else doesn't always happen just how we want, but I would be much happier if it did! So, I will continue dreaming of the perfect scenario and maybe, just maybe I will pleasantly surprised with my perfect world.
image:corbis/Gary Irving

No comments:
Post a Comment