Monday, October 11, 2010

do-it-yourself fun

I remember years ago when I lived with my sister we would always be finding ways to create something that we saw in a store or magazine for our little apartment. I specifically remember making curtains, wall decorations and jewelry. Not everything turned out the best, but we had a great time and probably saved a penny or two as well.

These days I'm often scouring blogs for new projects and ideas. More often than not I will see something, shriek with excitement and quickly run to Jesse and ask if he could make it. So, I guess I'm not always the one DIY-ing, but I always do my best to help. :) And, I'd much rather have something handmade from my man than store bought any day.

I've got quite the list of DIY projects I'd like to try. Here are some we've completed and some I have yet to start.


Jesse made this adorable box table that sits perfectly just inside our front door. It is inspired by this old door box table.

No explanation needed. These friendship bracelet inspired necklaces are amazing.

Statement sign complete. My favorite thing in our house. Inspired by this project.



2 comments:

Pleasant Hill Billy said...

Awesome ideas, I really like what you have done with the house so far.

Unknown said...

Loving the new designs and missing you!

Love,

Melissa