Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pinterest Goodies

One of my favorite things to pin on Pinterest are recipes. I love to cook and am always trying something new. I thought it'd be fun to give a review of sorts for some of the recent recipes I've tried that were found via pinterest. Perhaps you've seen some of the same and this will be helpful. :)

Baked Zucchini Sticks and Sweet Onion Dip
 This recipe takes a bit of time, but is so worth it. The combination of salty and crunchy of the zuchinni with the sweetness of the dip is incredible. The only downside is the amount of mayonnaise (I hate mayo), but you really don't taste it too much.

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
This was so super easy and tasted amazing. This would be great for a party or a light snack. Jesse and I frequent McMenamins specifically for their spinach and artichoke dip and I have a feeling we won't be going there as often. Well, maybe for the tots and hummus...



Sweet Potato Salad
The main reason I tried this recipe was because I had some left over sweet potatoes (already peeled and chopped) I had purchased for a Thanksgiving recipe that needed to be used. Man oh man, is it good! I actually think this would be a great side dish for a holiday meal if your going for a non-traditional menu. It's surprisingly light, but packed with flavor. Definitely making this again.



3 comments:

Sara Szatmary said...

MMMMMM that sweet potato salad looks amazing!

Miss Nae said...

I'm going to have to try the spinach and artichoke one! Comfort food for parties is the way to go!

rytobler said...

Those recipes look amazing. I'm with Sara, gonna have to try the sweet potato salad. It looks great. I love the blue dress you have picked out. Quite the show stopper!